DataCite is thrilled to welcome three new members to our Executive Board. With their expertise and passion for data sharing, DataCite is poised to make an even more substantial impact on the research data community. The also represent organizations that are vital to DataCite future and – the for-profit communities, US Federal agencies, and international organizations. Please join me in welcoming Mike Frame, Mark Hahnel, and Marco Marsella!
Mike Frame is currently serving as the Deputy Director for the Core Science, Analytics and Libraries organization in USGS. Mike has a passion for enabling better for enabling better use and application of scientific data/information through developing data access/interoperability strategies and the implementation of technologies such as: customized/personalized knowledge portals, data integration tools, analysis/visualization technologies, on-line Geospatial mapping applications, application of standards, and state-of-the art indexing/discovery methods. He has served as the chief system architect for various national and international distributed biological networks and as a Principle Investigator on several US National Science Foundation projects.
Mark Hahnel is the founder of figshare. He comes from academia, having completed his Ph.D. in stem cell biology at Imperial College London. Mark is passionate about open science and the potential it has to revolutionize the research community.
Marco Marsella is Senior Advisor Global Information System at the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture, where he contributes to the design of the system and the promotion of DOIs in the Plant Genetic Resources community
Mike, Mark, and Marco join our existing Executive Board members:
- John Chodacki, Director, University of California Curation Center (UC3), California Digital Library
- Adam Farquhar, Head of Digital Scholarship, The British Library
- Salvatore Mele, Head of Open Access, European Organization for Nuclear Research, CERN
- Karen Morgenroth, Manager, Information Management Operations, National Research Council Canada, NRCC)
- Irina Sens, Deputy Director, National Library of Science and Technology Germany, TIB
- Wilma van Wezenbeek, Director, TU Delft Library
Please join us in welcoming our newest Board members.