Last month I shared our Vision 2021 that puts into action the goals set out in our strategic plan. In this post I want to share about our strategic visioning activity that we will collectively embark on as a community.
As a community we are driven by our mission and vision:
- Our Vision: Connecting research, identifying knowledge.
- Our Mission: DataCite’s mission is to be the world's leading provider of persistent identifiers for research. Through our portfolio of services, we provide the means to create, find, cite, connect, and use research. We seek to create value and develop community-driven, innovative, open, integrated, usable, and sustainable services for research.
As we have taken time to reflect on our last decade, it is as important to look at where we are going and define our collective priorities as a community. During 2021, we will be working with strategic consultants to undertake this important strategic work. The expected outcome of the series process will include:
- DataCite profile through the eyes of the members and stakeholders
- Sense of communal ownership of the plan due to the high degree of engagement with our members throughout the process
- Establishment of updated organizational vision, mission, and values
- Creation of foundational principles for decision making and operations
- Identification of key areas of strategic focus
- Development of priorities, goals, and outcome measures
- Completion of a formal consultation report that outlines process, findings, and outcomes from the engagement
As a community driven organization, we require input and engagement from our stakeholder community. Specifically, there are two activities (amongst others) where we require valuable input from our members:
- Complete the member and stakeholder visioning survey to set strategic direction and priorities
- Provide input to member consultation sessions to generate further engagement and feedback.
We will share more details via our member communication channels in the next couple of weeks and look forward to working with you all.
In addition to our strategic process, we would like to remind our members of the DataCite Annual Business Meeting of the General Assembly. The meeting will be hosted virtually on Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 16:30 (CEST). Further details have been included in the official member notice and newsletter.
As always, thank you for your continued support and commitment to our mission. Feel free to get in contact with our team (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.